Journal of computing related issues for Web Authoring, and general topics using Mac, Windows and Linux platforms.

Monday, April 9, 2007

Linux SUSE 10.2 VM accessing Windows Files of Host

From previous posts you will see that I have set up a SUSE 10.2 Guest within my Windows XP system using VirtualBox on my Notebook. Also I have managed to access XP files on my home network from my native SUSE 10.2 PC, By combining the methods I can access XP files on my Notebook from within SUSE guest.

Enter smb://192.168.1.3 and it gave me access to "My Documents" which I have setup as shared. The address of my PC (192.168.1.3) I found this time by using MS "System Information" found by following
Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools and then from within "System Information" follow System Summary->Components->Network->Adapter and in my case used IP address found in wireless.

No comments:

About Me

Husband, dad and grandad. Physics graduate from London University in late 60s. Retired from IBM company in 2000 after 27 years as both Sytems Engineer and Salesman. Interests include photography, nature, science, maths, walking, travel. I like facts as a basis of opinion and not opinion that is assumed to be fact.