Journal of computing related issues for Web Authoring, and general topics using Mac, Windows and Linux platforms.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cheap USB keyboard attached to ipad

I am typing this blog with a cheap £8 USB full sized keyboard which is attached to my ipad via the USB connector provided with the official Apple camera Connector Kit.

Now the on screen keyboard is very good, masses better than the small ipod touch I have but you can still type so much quicker with a real keyboard, probably 3 to 4 times as fast. Another advantage is the whole of the screen is available as the on screen keyboard is not shown.

Note when I plug keyboard into iPad as described above I do receive a couple of messages saying that the USB device is not supported, but I just hit the Dismiss button and all is OK.

No comments:

About Me

Husband, dad and grandad. Physics graduate from London University in late 60s. Retired from IBM company in 2000 after 27 years as both Sytems Engineer and Salesman. Interests include photography, nature, science, maths, walking, travel. I like facts as a basis of opinion and not opinion that is assumed to be fact.